Skip to main content

Black and White Z Card

Over on the Just Us Girls challenge blog, the task this week was quite monochromatic. Let's take a look at the challenge:
I can't say that I've ever worked with just black and white for a card. While no doubt I probably inadvertently made a card with this scheme, I can't say I've gone out of my way to enhance only black and white (I know I've definitely grey scaled before). 

It was my dear friend Melinda's birthday. For her birthday I made her and her husband Mah Jongg t-shirts using HTV. I was thrilled with the results:
Melinda is the kind of person who loves handmade cards, so I went into this challenge with her in mind. I also have recently fallen in love with Z fold cards (see my vintage masculine Z-Card here). I pulled out my Sizzix Circle Thinlits and my Recollections Black and White Paper and got to work. Here are the results:
So the interesting thing with a Z-fold card is how it unfolds in so many dimensions. Here is the front and back layer.

Here is a picture of it on a flat surface:
And here it is from above so you can see the full dimension of the card:
I even included a black and white layer on the inside to give it a little bit more. Here's a little video so you can see the card in its full depth:
And so that is my Z-Fold Black and White Card! Overall, a super satisfying challenge!

Comments

  1. I am alway so impressed with fun fold cards and this one is no exception! YOur Z fold looks great in our Black and white theme at JUGS and I love the way you incorporated the tags in the design. Super job! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to you for sharing this article here. It's a nice article, Which you have shared here . Your article is very informative and I really liked the way you expressed your views in this post. visiting card printing USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each licensee operating a cardroom shall file with the commission a report containing the required information of such cardroom operation. Each licensee operating a cardroom shall hold and keep permanent day by day information of its cardroom operation and shall keep such information for a period of not less than three years. These information shall include all monetary transactions and include enough element to determine out} compliance with the requirements of this part. All information shall be out there for audit and inspection by the commission or other law enforcement companies through 카지노 사이트 the licensee’s regular enterprise hours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Love You to the Moon and Back Bendy Card

Update: While the competition wasn't heavily entered, I'll take my wins where I can get them, my card was a top pick on Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they had one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a long while. The challenge involved either utilizing a particular sketch or making a bendy card. I'm one always up for a challenge, so a bendy card it is... the only problem... I had no idea where to begin. Here's the challenge they set up for us: I was convinced there would be some type of design already premade on Design Space that would allow me to make a bendy card of some kind, but there was no such luck. I took a look at Melody Lane's Patreon and Lori Whitlock's shop, and alas, no luck. This mean I had to work from scratch. Now granted, I could make the card using traditional techniques, but when I looked up tutorials, the whole process looked a little too intimidating for me. I knew this could be done on Design Spa...

Alley Cat Cards

While perusing Facebook, I saw a post today that caught my eye. The only Facebook card groups I am still apart of are JOANN Loves Papercrafters and a handful of Melody Lane and Cricut groups. The Anna Griffin Facebook groups are too filled with toxicity from the various mods. Today on Joann's, Anthony M showcased a fantastic blending technique with a bricks embossing folder using Distress Oxide. You can watch his full tutorial here .  Blending always looked like next level work. It's something I've avoided for about five years since I started my papercrafting journey. Today, thanks to Anthony, I took the plunge and invested in some distress oxides and an assortment of blending brushes. I used a variety of colors but the main stamp and die set I used were Tim Holtz's Cat Chat . All the coloring of the stamps were done with Copic Markers. I made four cards and assembled them after an assortment of sketches found on a variety of blogs. So without further ado: The simple sk...

Scaredy Cat Cards

I'm working on a whole slew of Halloween and Fall cards as my card show is around the corner (September 26th). I've never done a card show during the Halloween and Fall season so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Anyway, I was in need of inspiration and Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge Blog had the perfect colors to get me going. The colors to work with were white, black and gold. Perfect! I recently acquired my Anna Griffin Scaredy Cat dies . Currently, they're only available on HSN, but I will also note to other Griffinites looking for that Halloween spirit that she dropped her Halloween Cut and Emboss Folders on her website just this week. Anyway, on with the show. The card I'm submitting I'm super proud of--let's take a look: I used a black and white feathered background to give a spooky appeal. Then I used an assortment of different black white and golds for the desired effect. The gold is extremely reflective so you can see my shadow of ...