Skip to main content

Good Job! Color and Sketch Challenge Card

Sometimes you make a card, and then you think the link party ended and you're like, "okay, I'm going to restructure this and turn it into a sketch challenge," and then you realize that not only was the first challenge still having its link party, but so is the second challenge.

This is a long way of saying, this card is made for two challenges. I originally thought the link party ended at CAS Colours & Sketches... turns out I was wrong. Their challenge was to use the following colors:
Then, over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday they gave us this wonderful sketch:
I mentioned yesterday that I purchased a random donation box from Stampin' Up. In it was this Brutus Monroe stamp set. I used the stamp from that and pulled out my Copic Coloring markers. And here's the end result:
Overall, I'm really happy with the design. I don't make a ton of horizontal A2 cards, so that was nice from a visual standpoint.

So a 2-for-1, which is not something I normally do, but happy accidents are just that!

Comments

  1. Danny, your critter card is really cute! Although the sentiment says "good job" he looks a bit suspicious to me :-D Thank you for sharing both your card and creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I like that your choice of colours matches the patterned papers. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute - great colors, and I LOVE the font in your sentiment! I do think this kitty looks a bit suspicious, though, lol. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with Challenge 517 this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge! Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute stamp that is and a great use of our colours. Thank you for playing with us at CAS Colours and Sketches. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alley Cat Cards

While perusing Facebook, I saw a post today that caught my eye. The only Facebook card groups I am still apart of are JOANN Loves Papercrafters and a handful of Melody Lane and Cricut groups. The Anna Griffin Facebook groups are too filled with toxicity from the various mods. Today on Joann's, Anthony M showcased a fantastic blending technique with a bricks embossing folder using Distress Oxide. You can watch his full tutorial here .  Blending always looked like next level work. It's something I've avoided for about five years since I started my papercrafting journey. Today, thanks to Anthony, I took the plunge and invested in some distress oxides and an assortment of blending brushes. I used a variety of colors but the main stamp and die set I used were Tim Holtz's Cat Chat . All the coloring of the stamps were done with Copic Markers. I made four cards and assembled them after an assortment of sketches found on a variety of blogs. So without further ado: The simple sk...

I Love You to the Moon and Back Bendy Card

Update: While the competition wasn't heavily entered, I'll take my wins where I can get them, my card was a top pick on Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they had one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a long while. The challenge involved either utilizing a particular sketch or making a bendy card. I'm one always up for a challenge, so a bendy card it is... the only problem... I had no idea where to begin. Here's the challenge they set up for us: I was convinced there would be some type of design already premade on Design Space that would allow me to make a bendy card of some kind, but there was no such luck. I took a look at Melody Lane's Patreon and Lori Whitlock's shop, and alas, no luck. This mean I had to work from scratch. Now granted, I could make the card using traditional techniques, but when I looked up tutorials, the whole process looked a little too intimidating for me. I knew this could be done on Design Spa...

3D Fantastic Fans Cards

I recently acquired Anna Griffin's 3D Fantastic Fans dies . I was excited to get these dies because it takes the traditional flat fans and reenvisions them with more dimension.  The dies require a little more finagling than you would think. Because they pop out, you're going to need a powerful glue or lots of 3D adhesive dots to make this work.  Using these dies, I looked at an assortment of challenges that I could utilize for inspiration. Over on Time Out Challenges, they wanted us to use a quote to help make a card come to life. So for my first card I wanted to use each of the pieces of the fan. I've had this vintage paper with a rose for the better part of four years when I first got into card making; I then pulled out my new metallic rose paper and paired it with this vintage paper. I then added in the "For My Friend" sentiment from Anna Griffin's Wild Flower box. For my second card, I used Color My Heart Color Dare challenge . The inspiration photo was ...