Skip to main content

Festive Friday Challenge 0074: O Christmas Tree


Recently I've been searching for a reason to pull out my Anna Griffin Christmas Tree Pop Up Cards. Anyone who knows anything about pop up cards knows, they take approximately forever to make. While by no means the longest I've spent, these dies are definitely show-stopping wow cards that take a fair amount of time to make (anywhere from 1 to 2 hours). Over on the Festive Friday Challenge blog, they asked makers to use three or more items from a list. The list was as follows:

For me, this was easy. red, ornaments, ribbon and evergreen trees were the highlight. So here's the card in question:

Now you might say, but Danny, that's not really an evergreen tree. And that's because it's not. The surprise is when you open the card and this pops out:

And here's the card in action:

And because I can never make one of anything, here's the green version of the same card.


While time consuming, this is definitely a card type I will return to again next holiday season, especially because I purchased so many potential embellishments for the tree.

Anyway, if you like what you see, be sure to hit the SUBSCRIBE button at the top to see new posts. And be sure to follow me on Instagram @DannysCards

For various Christmas Cards, check out the following posts:

For all of my Autumnal cards check out these cards:

Comments

  1. Great card! Thank you for participating in Festive Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pop up card! Hope you keep coming back to Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alley Cat Cards

While perusing Facebook, I saw a post today that caught my eye. The only Facebook card groups I am still apart of are JOANN Loves Papercrafters and a handful of Melody Lane and Cricut groups. The Anna Griffin Facebook groups are too filled with toxicity from the various mods. Today on Joann's, Anthony M showcased a fantastic blending technique with a bricks embossing folder using Distress Oxide. You can watch his full tutorial here .  Blending always looked like next level work. It's something I've avoided for about five years since I started my papercrafting journey. Today, thanks to Anthony, I took the plunge and invested in some distress oxides and an assortment of blending brushes. I used a variety of colors but the main stamp and die set I used were Tim Holtz's Cat Chat . All the coloring of the stamps were done with Copic Markers. I made four cards and assembled them after an assortment of sketches found on a variety of blogs. So without further ado: The simple sk...

I Love You to the Moon and Back Bendy Card

Update: While the competition wasn't heavily entered, I'll take my wins where I can get them, my card was a top pick on Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they had one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a long while. The challenge involved either utilizing a particular sketch or making a bendy card. I'm one always up for a challenge, so a bendy card it is... the only problem... I had no idea where to begin. Here's the challenge they set up for us: I was convinced there would be some type of design already premade on Design Space that would allow me to make a bendy card of some kind, but there was no such luck. I took a look at Melody Lane's Patreon and Lori Whitlock's shop, and alas, no luck. This mean I had to work from scratch. Now granted, I could make the card using traditional techniques, but when I looked up tutorials, the whole process looked a little too intimidating for me. I knew this could be done on Design Spa...

3D Fantastic Fans Cards

I recently acquired Anna Griffin's 3D Fantastic Fans dies . I was excited to get these dies because it takes the traditional flat fans and reenvisions them with more dimension.  The dies require a little more finagling than you would think. Because they pop out, you're going to need a powerful glue or lots of 3D adhesive dots to make this work.  Using these dies, I looked at an assortment of challenges that I could utilize for inspiration. Over on Time Out Challenges, they wanted us to use a quote to help make a card come to life. So for my first card I wanted to use each of the pieces of the fan. I've had this vintage paper with a rose for the better part of four years when I first got into card making; I then pulled out my new metallic rose paper and paired it with this vintage paper. I then added in the "For My Friend" sentiment from Anna Griffin's Wild Flower box. For my second card, I used Color My Heart Color Dare challenge . The inspiration photo was ...