Skip to main content

Color Dare Challenge Entry #412: Halloween Easel Card

This week's challenge came courtesy of Color My Heart which showcased a Color Dare challenge. The task involving using only three colors. Let's just say, there was a certain fall theme, perfect for continuing my Halloween inspired cards. So let's take a look at the colors:


I immediately went for the Black, French Vanilla and Nectarine colors. It's just the match for the spooky vibe I was hoping for. Using my new Easy Easel Cut and Emboss dies from Anna Griffin, I got to work. Here were the results:


I ran both the black and nectarine paper through different emboss folders. Because of the size of the black card stock (5" x 7") I had to double press the paper. To make sure it didn't feel flimsy, I double backed the paper with nectarine to give it a strong feel. 

I stamped and cut the different Halloween stamps and colored them with my copic markers. Using a light shade of grey on the mummy gave him a little extra dimension. Then I used 3D adhesive dots to give it all a pop. A little Halloween sticker on the base from the now closed AC Moore was what allowed the card to stand in 3D.

The emboss folders are from Michael's Halloween line last year; meanwhile, the stamps are from this year's Halloween sets which are around 40% off now. 

And here's the card lying flat:


Overall, I'm happy with the results. Easel cards always look spectacular standing up, so I'm super happy I have these new easel dies to start making all sorts of new configurations.

Be sure to check back later this week for more spooktacular Halloween cards.

And be sure to follow me on Instagram @DannysCards

Comments

  1. I LOVE YOUR CARD! You used our colors very well. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the embossing looks great. Thanks for joining us at Colour Dare Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic easel card and love those embossing folder... perfect and fun Halloween card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card! Perfect for Halloween and a perfect colour match to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alley Cat Cards

While perusing Facebook, I saw a post today that caught my eye. The only Facebook card groups I am still apart of are JOANN Loves Papercrafters and a handful of Melody Lane and Cricut groups. The Anna Griffin Facebook groups are too filled with toxicity from the various mods. Today on Joann's, Anthony M showcased a fantastic blending technique with a bricks embossing folder using Distress Oxide. You can watch his full tutorial here .  Blending always looked like next level work. It's something I've avoided for about five years since I started my papercrafting journey. Today, thanks to Anthony, I took the plunge and invested in some distress oxides and an assortment of blending brushes. I used a variety of colors but the main stamp and die set I used were Tim Holtz's Cat Chat . All the coloring of the stamps were done with Copic Markers. I made four cards and assembled them after an assortment of sketches found on a variety of blogs. So without further ado: The simple sk...

I Love You to the Moon and Back Bendy Card

Update: While the competition wasn't heavily entered, I'll take my wins where I can get them, my card was a top pick on Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they had one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a long while. The challenge involved either utilizing a particular sketch or making a bendy card. I'm one always up for a challenge, so a bendy card it is... the only problem... I had no idea where to begin. Here's the challenge they set up for us: I was convinced there would be some type of design already premade on Design Space that would allow me to make a bendy card of some kind, but there was no such luck. I took a look at Melody Lane's Patreon and Lori Whitlock's shop, and alas, no luck. This mean I had to work from scratch. Now granted, I could make the card using traditional techniques, but when I looked up tutorials, the whole process looked a little too intimidating for me. I knew this could be done on Design Spa...

3D Fantastic Fans Cards

I recently acquired Anna Griffin's 3D Fantastic Fans dies . I was excited to get these dies because it takes the traditional flat fans and reenvisions them with more dimension.  The dies require a little more finagling than you would think. Because they pop out, you're going to need a powerful glue or lots of 3D adhesive dots to make this work.  Using these dies, I looked at an assortment of challenges that I could utilize for inspiration. Over on Time Out Challenges, they wanted us to use a quote to help make a card come to life. So for my first card I wanted to use each of the pieces of the fan. I've had this vintage paper with a rose for the better part of four years when I first got into card making; I then pulled out my new metallic rose paper and paired it with this vintage paper. I then added in the "For My Friend" sentiment from Anna Griffin's Wild Flower box. For my second card, I used Color My Heart Color Dare challenge . The inspiration photo was ...