Skip to main content

Global Design Project #275: Lovely Envelope Cards

Over on the Global Design Project, love is in the air. While I haven't fully committed to the Valentine's day themes, I did find that the theme was flexible enough to pull out my brand new mini-envelope die. Here is the full challenge in question:

What I was most attracted to was the image of the little envelope. I definitely wanted to play with that. Additionally, I purchased the Giving Tuesday surprise pack from Lawn Fawn way back in November. It's a grab bag of sorts with all proceeds donated to charity. In this pack I got an assortment of different stamps, one of which was full of "Open Here" and "Look at This" which turned out to be the perfect thing I needed to execute my card.

So here is the card on a first look:

And then the little envelope opens up to reveal a little mini card:

And the inside of the card shows this:

And because I can never make anything once, I made the exact same card with a purple envelope:

Overall, I'm super thrilled with this design. They didn't come out exactly perfect (a little bleeding on my chick, and a stray mark on the second), but the concept feels fun and original. I expect to be making more of these soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alley Cat Cards

While perusing Facebook, I saw a post today that caught my eye. The only Facebook card groups I am still apart of are JOANN Loves Papercrafters and a handful of Melody Lane and Cricut groups. The Anna Griffin Facebook groups are too filled with toxicity from the various mods. Today on Joann's, Anthony M showcased a fantastic blending technique with a bricks embossing folder using Distress Oxide. You can watch his full tutorial here .  Blending always looked like next level work. It's something I've avoided for about five years since I started my papercrafting journey. Today, thanks to Anthony, I took the plunge and invested in some distress oxides and an assortment of blending brushes. I used a variety of colors but the main stamp and die set I used were Tim Holtz's Cat Chat . All the coloring of the stamps were done with Copic Markers. I made four cards and assembled them after an assortment of sketches found on a variety of blogs. So without further ado: The simple sk...

I Love You to the Moon and Back Bendy Card

Update: While the competition wasn't heavily entered, I'll take my wins where I can get them, my card was a top pick on Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they had one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a long while. The challenge involved either utilizing a particular sketch or making a bendy card. I'm one always up for a challenge, so a bendy card it is... the only problem... I had no idea where to begin. Here's the challenge they set up for us: I was convinced there would be some type of design already premade on Design Space that would allow me to make a bendy card of some kind, but there was no such luck. I took a look at Melody Lane's Patreon and Lori Whitlock's shop, and alas, no luck. This mean I had to work from scratch. Now granted, I could make the card using traditional techniques, but when I looked up tutorials, the whole process looked a little too intimidating for me. I knew this could be done on Design Spa...

Baby Cards: Sketch Challenges

Over on Anna Griffin, she recently released her Baby Icon Cut and Emboss Folders . Baby cards are often the hardest items for me to keep in stock. They're often my biggest sellers at trade shows, and as someone in their 30s, I know so many people having little ones. So I went to work. I really didn't know where to begin my day, so I started with creating a whole slew of sentiments. I often struggle with what a baby card should say, but Best Wishes kind of covers all the bases. But that didn't really help with inspiration. I went looking for Sketch Challenges. The first challenge comes courtesy of Sketch Saturday :  And here was my result: Using an assortment of pattern papers, I was really happy with the result. I ended up using the horsey cut so that the little mustache could peek through. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they're up to their milestone 500th sketch. Here was the sketch: And here was my creation based on that: I was thrilled with this result. It fe...