Skip to main content

Daring Cardmakers October Elemental Inspiration Challenge Entry: Coffee Harvest

Over on the Daring Cardmakers, they had one of my favorite challenges I've seen in a long time. Rather than give you a sketch or a color coordinating design, they gave us a photo to help serve as inspiration with the requirement that you use at least 3 elements from the image. Here was the photo in question:

It's really quite the photo. From the autumnal colors to the braided sweater, to books, leaves, glasses, tea, and candles, there was just so much to latch onto. During a recent trip to Michael's, I was scouring the clearance section and stumbled upon a beautiful coffee stamp set from Inkadinkado. $3.97 for a stamp set that usually costs $15. I knew between this photo and this coffee set, I'd create a winning combination.

Here was the end result:

The elements I chose were the book, leaf and coffee. I used my Maps, Texts and Ledgers paper set and my Cuttlebug Seasonal Foliage die set. I also stamped the coffee set on a wood background for that extra dimension.

Here's the same card from a slightly different angle. Here you can really see how the 3D adhesive dots really make it pop.

And because you know I can't do anything just once, here is a slight variation of the card.


I actually struggled quite a bit with which one I would officially submit. This was the first design, and while I liked it, something about the askew stamp and the placement of leaves works better on the other design. Still, I'm happy with both cards. Again, here's the card at a slightly different angle:

This is the perfect card for that coffee lover in your life. It also exudes "fall" without necessarily shouting it, which I love.

Any who, check back later this week as I'm trying to still get my Cricut Foil to work. Next week, expect some wild designs as today is HSN's craft day, and I ordered so much from Anna Griffin's newest collection.

And be sure to follow me on Instagram @DannysCards

For more Fall inspiration, check out my Halloween cards:

Comments

  1. Beautiful cards and what a bargain you found. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alley Cat Cards

While perusing Facebook, I saw a post today that caught my eye. The only Facebook card groups I am still apart of are JOANN Loves Papercrafters and a handful of Melody Lane and Cricut groups. The Anna Griffin Facebook groups are too filled with toxicity from the various mods. Today on Joann's, Anthony M showcased a fantastic blending technique with a bricks embossing folder using Distress Oxide. You can watch his full tutorial here .  Blending always looked like next level work. It's something I've avoided for about five years since I started my papercrafting journey. Today, thanks to Anthony, I took the plunge and invested in some distress oxides and an assortment of blending brushes. I used a variety of colors but the main stamp and die set I used were Tim Holtz's Cat Chat . All the coloring of the stamps were done with Copic Markers. I made four cards and assembled them after an assortment of sketches found on a variety of blogs. So without further ado: The simple sk...

I Love You to the Moon and Back Bendy Card

Update: While the competition wasn't heavily entered, I'll take my wins where I can get them, my card was a top pick on Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they had one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a long while. The challenge involved either utilizing a particular sketch or making a bendy card. I'm one always up for a challenge, so a bendy card it is... the only problem... I had no idea where to begin. Here's the challenge they set up for us: I was convinced there would be some type of design already premade on Design Space that would allow me to make a bendy card of some kind, but there was no such luck. I took a look at Melody Lane's Patreon and Lori Whitlock's shop, and alas, no luck. This mean I had to work from scratch. Now granted, I could make the card using traditional techniques, but when I looked up tutorials, the whole process looked a little too intimidating for me. I knew this could be done on Design Spa...

3D Fantastic Fans Cards

I recently acquired Anna Griffin's 3D Fantastic Fans dies . I was excited to get these dies because it takes the traditional flat fans and reenvisions them with more dimension.  The dies require a little more finagling than you would think. Because they pop out, you're going to need a powerful glue or lots of 3D adhesive dots to make this work.  Using these dies, I looked at an assortment of challenges that I could utilize for inspiration. Over on Time Out Challenges, they wanted us to use a quote to help make a card come to life. So for my first card I wanted to use each of the pieces of the fan. I've had this vintage paper with a rose for the better part of four years when I first got into card making; I then pulled out my new metallic rose paper and paired it with this vintage paper. I then added in the "For My Friend" sentiment from Anna Griffin's Wild Flower box. For my second card, I used Color My Heart Color Dare challenge . The inspiration photo was ...