Skip to main content

Easter Egg Cards: Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge


Last night I perused the internet to find a card that would give me inspiration. I stumbled upon this Mojo Monday Sketch challenge that served as the perfect inspiration for some Easter cards. Here is the sketch provided:

I didn't concern myself too much with the size and dimension of the card. I largely focused on the layer with the medium shape on the bottom, followed by the smaller shape and the larger shape. With that in mind, I created an Easter Egg card matched those ideas:


I created two versions of the card (nearly identical), changing up the colors ever so slightly:

The embossed folder is the Darice Easter Egg embossing folder. The die cut is the Anna Griffin Easter Egg Cut and Emboss Dies. With some 3D adhesive pop dots, the eggs really popped. This is a sketch challenge that is perfect for your scrap box. 

If you enjoy what you see, be sure to hit the SUBSCRIBE button at the top to see new posts. And be sure to follow me on Instagram @DannysCards

Comments

  1. Oh, how fun! Love those easter eggs. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alley Cat Cards

While perusing Facebook, I saw a post today that caught my eye. The only Facebook card groups I am still apart of are JOANN Loves Papercrafters and a handful of Melody Lane and Cricut groups. The Anna Griffin Facebook groups are too filled with toxicity from the various mods. Today on Joann's, Anthony M showcased a fantastic blending technique with a bricks embossing folder using Distress Oxide. You can watch his full tutorial here .  Blending always looked like next level work. It's something I've avoided for about five years since I started my papercrafting journey. Today, thanks to Anthony, I took the plunge and invested in some distress oxides and an assortment of blending brushes. I used a variety of colors but the main stamp and die set I used were Tim Holtz's Cat Chat . All the coloring of the stamps were done with Copic Markers. I made four cards and assembled them after an assortment of sketches found on a variety of blogs. So without further ado: The simple sk...

I Love You to the Moon and Back Bendy Card

Update: While the competition wasn't heavily entered, I'll take my wins where I can get them, my card was a top pick on Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they had one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a long while. The challenge involved either utilizing a particular sketch or making a bendy card. I'm one always up for a challenge, so a bendy card it is... the only problem... I had no idea where to begin. Here's the challenge they set up for us: I was convinced there would be some type of design already premade on Design Space that would allow me to make a bendy card of some kind, but there was no such luck. I took a look at Melody Lane's Patreon and Lori Whitlock's shop, and alas, no luck. This mean I had to work from scratch. Now granted, I could make the card using traditional techniques, but when I looked up tutorials, the whole process looked a little too intimidating for me. I knew this could be done on Design Spa...

Baby Cards: Sketch Challenges

Over on Anna Griffin, she recently released her Baby Icon Cut and Emboss Folders . Baby cards are often the hardest items for me to keep in stock. They're often my biggest sellers at trade shows, and as someone in their 30s, I know so many people having little ones. So I went to work. I really didn't know where to begin my day, so I started with creating a whole slew of sentiments. I often struggle with what a baby card should say, but Best Wishes kind of covers all the bases. But that didn't really help with inspiration. I went looking for Sketch Challenges. The first challenge comes courtesy of Sketch Saturday :  And here was my result: Using an assortment of pattern papers, I was really happy with the result. I ended up using the horsey cut so that the little mustache could peek through. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they're up to their milestone 500th sketch. Here was the sketch: And here was my creation based on that: I was thrilled with this result. It fe...