Skip to main content

Global Design Project #250 Entry: Purple Floral Embossed Card


This week I took a chance with Global Design Project. You know in your head when you think something is going to work out, and then it doesn't? That was how this challenge went. Anyhoo, this week, the GDP gave out this sketch layout.

What I loved was the two layers of paper, but really, what caught my eye, was that swirl behind the greeting. In my head, I planned on doing a whole llama thing. The short, I couldn't figure it out. I didn't own the right llamas, nor the right embossed folder. It just didn't work. After scrapping that, I decided to go with a much more simple floral look. Unfortunately, the back embossed paper doesn't really show, which felt a bit wasteful. Nevertheless, here's my two very similar results:


It's all just a bit simple. The die cut comes from Shapeabilities Woodland Wreath Etched Dies by Spellbinders. The left embossed folder is from Spellbinders as well, while the embossed folder from the right is from Anna Griffin.


I struggled to come up with my own saying, so I settled with "Just for you." When it comes to the "Just for you" greeting, I made that with my brand new Create Colop E-Mark. It was my first time using the printer (I just received it yesterday, and I was excited to use it).

Here's the other version with the Anna Griffin Emboss Folder. What I do like about this design is the asymmetrical circle on the symmetrical background.


And just as a reminder, here at DannysCards, I'm running my own card contest with the theme Christmas in July where you can win a $10 Michael's coupon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alley Cat Cards

While perusing Facebook, I saw a post today that caught my eye. The only Facebook card groups I am still apart of are JOANN Loves Papercrafters and a handful of Melody Lane and Cricut groups. The Anna Griffin Facebook groups are too filled with toxicity from the various mods. Today on Joann's, Anthony M showcased a fantastic blending technique with a bricks embossing folder using Distress Oxide. You can watch his full tutorial here .  Blending always looked like next level work. It's something I've avoided for about five years since I started my papercrafting journey. Today, thanks to Anthony, I took the plunge and invested in some distress oxides and an assortment of blending brushes. I used a variety of colors but the main stamp and die set I used were Tim Holtz's Cat Chat . All the coloring of the stamps were done with Copic Markers. I made four cards and assembled them after an assortment of sketches found on a variety of blogs. So without further ado: The simple sk...

I Love You to the Moon and Back Bendy Card

Update: While the competition wasn't heavily entered, I'll take my wins where I can get them, my card was a top pick on Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they had one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a long while. The challenge involved either utilizing a particular sketch or making a bendy card. I'm one always up for a challenge, so a bendy card it is... the only problem... I had no idea where to begin. Here's the challenge they set up for us: I was convinced there would be some type of design already premade on Design Space that would allow me to make a bendy card of some kind, but there was no such luck. I took a look at Melody Lane's Patreon and Lori Whitlock's shop, and alas, no luck. This mean I had to work from scratch. Now granted, I could make the card using traditional techniques, but when I looked up tutorials, the whole process looked a little too intimidating for me. I knew this could be done on Design Spa...

Baby Cards: Sketch Challenges

Over on Anna Griffin, she recently released her Baby Icon Cut and Emboss Folders . Baby cards are often the hardest items for me to keep in stock. They're often my biggest sellers at trade shows, and as someone in their 30s, I know so many people having little ones. So I went to work. I really didn't know where to begin my day, so I started with creating a whole slew of sentiments. I often struggle with what a baby card should say, but Best Wishes kind of covers all the bases. But that didn't really help with inspiration. I went looking for Sketch Challenges. The first challenge comes courtesy of Sketch Saturday :  And here was my result: Using an assortment of pattern papers, I was really happy with the result. I ended up using the horsey cut so that the little mustache could peek through. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they're up to their milestone 500th sketch. Here was the sketch: And here was my creation based on that: I was thrilled with this result. It fe...