Skip to main content

Washi Bee Card


I struggled with a new design this week. I had numerous failed attempts with an embossing and flower card that I'm working on, so far this week's project, I wanted to make sure I could make something I could execute easily. Papercraft Essentials #163 has this fantastic bee die cut with a number of stamps. While I've created a number of a washi cards in the past, I've never made washi tape go from the top to the bottom of the card.

What You'll Need:
Black Cardstock
Yellow Cardstock
Black Washi Tape
3D Adhesive Poppers
Die Cut and Stamp from Paper Essentials.

This week is super straight forward. Start with your usual A2 size card (8.5" x 4.25") and a yellow cut out (5.1" x 3.8").


From here, you have options. You can place the washi tape on the yellow cardstock vertical or at a diagonal. I'm partial to the diagonal design.



With any of the excess washi tape, simply fold it on the back side. From there, it's as simple as stamping your phrase and using the die cut.


Be sure to try a variety of different placements.


When you're ready to adhere the Bee Happy! phrase and the bee, be sure to use some 3D adhesive stickers to give your card some dimension.


And voila! It's as easy as that. This is one of the easiest cards you can make (especially if you're new to card making). I love Washi cards as they always look bold. Stay tuned next week for collage cards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alley Cat Cards

While perusing Facebook, I saw a post today that caught my eye. The only Facebook card groups I am still apart of are JOANN Loves Papercrafters and a handful of Melody Lane and Cricut groups. The Anna Griffin Facebook groups are too filled with toxicity from the various mods. Today on Joann's, Anthony M showcased a fantastic blending technique with a bricks embossing folder using Distress Oxide. You can watch his full tutorial here .  Blending always looked like next level work. It's something I've avoided for about five years since I started my papercrafting journey. Today, thanks to Anthony, I took the plunge and invested in some distress oxides and an assortment of blending brushes. I used a variety of colors but the main stamp and die set I used were Tim Holtz's Cat Chat . All the coloring of the stamps were done with Copic Markers. I made four cards and assembled them after an assortment of sketches found on a variety of blogs. So without further ado: The simple sk...

I Love You to the Moon and Back Bendy Card

Update: While the competition wasn't heavily entered, I'll take my wins where I can get them, my card was a top pick on Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Over on Try Stampin' on Tuesday , they had one of the hardest challenges I've seen in a long while. The challenge involved either utilizing a particular sketch or making a bendy card. I'm one always up for a challenge, so a bendy card it is... the only problem... I had no idea where to begin. Here's the challenge they set up for us: I was convinced there would be some type of design already premade on Design Space that would allow me to make a bendy card of some kind, but there was no such luck. I took a look at Melody Lane's Patreon and Lori Whitlock's shop, and alas, no luck. This mean I had to work from scratch. Now granted, I could make the card using traditional techniques, but when I looked up tutorials, the whole process looked a little too intimidating for me. I knew this could be done on Design Spa...

3D Fantastic Fans Cards

I recently acquired Anna Griffin's 3D Fantastic Fans dies . I was excited to get these dies because it takes the traditional flat fans and reenvisions them with more dimension.  The dies require a little more finagling than you would think. Because they pop out, you're going to need a powerful glue or lots of 3D adhesive dots to make this work.  Using these dies, I looked at an assortment of challenges that I could utilize for inspiration. Over on Time Out Challenges, they wanted us to use a quote to help make a card come to life. So for my first card I wanted to use each of the pieces of the fan. I've had this vintage paper with a rose for the better part of four years when I first got into card making; I then pulled out my new metallic rose paper and paired it with this vintage paper. I then added in the "For My Friend" sentiment from Anna Griffin's Wild Flower box. For my second card, I used Color My Heart Color Dare challenge . The inspiration photo was ...